Sunday, June 03, 2007

Normal services will be resumed as soon as possible

The longer than usual interval between posts is not owed to taking the Big Thing to Chimoio, alas. It's merely due to failure to notice anything other than bureaucratic incompetence and geekery.

I did get as far as Beira last week, an unscheduled whirlwind trip to resolve a stubborn network outage. Not only did I get the branch back online, but both Beira and Chimoio branches report that their network connections are much faster since I worked my miracle. I'd feel so much better about this if I could explain why.

Big Thing status: approval has been granted and the inspection happened on Wednesday. We now await the letter from the Banco de Molasses giving the result of the inspection. B. de M. explicitly requested that we not do any publicity until it issues the letter, so we can't unveil in the meantime.

If we receive the letter Monday or Tuesday, we unveil on Thursday and head for Chimoio on Friday.

No comments: